Welcome to The Wonderful World of Chatbots!
What is a Chatbot?
A Chatbot is an artificial intelligence (AI) software that can simulate a conversation (or a chat) with a user in natural language through messaging applications, websites, mobile apps or through the telephone.
A Chatbot is often described as one of the most advanced and promising expressions of interaction between humans and machines. However, from a technological point of view, a Chatbot only represents the natural evolution of a Question Answering system leveraging Natural Language Processing (NLP).
Why do I need a Chatbot?
Both startups and savvy companies are now incorporating interactive agents into their daily operations, communication with customers and sales processes.
Chatbots can help to…
Improve customer service. It is the best option for those who don’t want their customers to:
- Wait for operators answer -“Stay on the line, your call is very important to us” is always annoying, isn’t it?
- Search for an answer in the FAQ’s — as a rule, users don’t have time for scrolling through dozens of pages to find an answer.
Streamline the shopping process. It only takes seconds to write what you want using a Chatbot and this will then send the information to the relevant department for processing.
Personalize communication. A Chatbot can answer specific questions from visitors instead of displaying a long lists of information. The more attention a customer get, the more comfortable they feel and the greater their desire is to buy something!
Improve response rates. About 90% of questions sent to Facebook business pages remain unanswered. Chatbot’s respond to 100% of messages and converts more visitors into buyers.
Automate repetitive tasks. Most customers want to get answers to the same repetitive questions…
“When are you open?”
“Where are you located?”
“Do you deliver?”
Chatbot applications streamline interactions between people and services, enhancing customer experience. At the same time, they offer companies new opportunities to improve the customers engagement process and operational efficiency by reducing the typical cost of customer service.
Quick enough for impulse purchases, robust enough for fully fleshed-out sales funnels.
And there are some really awesome benefits to accepting payments directly inside Messenger:
- Your customers don’t have to leave Messenger to buy from you. Less friction + a more streamlined checkout process = higher conversion rates.
- It’s perfect for conversational selling. Thanks to the interactive nature of Messenger Marketing, you’ll be able to ask all the relevant questions and offer your users the product that’s best suited to their needs.
- Major trust factor. People trust Facebook/Messenger, so questions of credit card security will be a thing of the past.
- The possibilities for scalable marketing automation are endless! Sell products directly inside your automated Messenger sequences. Turn your chatbot into your company’s best 24/7 salesperson.
- Since everything happens in Messenger, there’s no need to set up third-party or cross-domain tracking. Implementation is simple & easy.
Gartner forecasts that by 2020, over 85% of customer interactions will be handled without a human. However, the opportunities provided by Chatbot systems go far beyond giving responses to customers’ inquiries.
With read (Open) rates of over 90% and click through rates (CTR’s) in excess of 50%, Chatbots are the new kid on the block when it comes to increasing your business revenues.